Tuesday, July 21, 2020

New learning videos!

So many changes since my last post! Home sale, my mom passed in January and 3 days later our new home was set to close (and did) in Florida. Moving while mind and body numb. Ah, and then the pandemic! And in the midst of it all, the arrival of our first grandchild, so there is light! So much beautiful light coming to me and from within me! 

To keep my mind clear and fear of the chaos the world is currently in at bay, I’ve been weaving. It is a very good place to be. Here, at home, and in the now moment. I’m missing sharing with others, but fortunately the internet is a remedy. I’ve begun posting videos on both of my YouTube channels. Deborah Peters Creations, and DPC Fiber Arts. The first with lullaby’s that I am writing for our granddaughter. The second with teaching videos. 

The first teaching video is a journey into backstrap weaving using common household items: pencils, cardboard, a popsicle stick or 4” ruler, acrylic yarn, or if you have it, cotton. Only 10 threads. In the video I’m using C-clamps to wind the warp, but a chair turned upside down works as well. Just be sure the legs are parallel and about 18” apart. A belt is used For the backstrap and a doorknob as the stationary strong elevated connection point.

We’re making a 7” long x almost 1/2” wide band that could be a bracelet or whatever else you would like to use it for. The video is silent. Watch and follow. If this silent format isn’t best for your learning style, let me know and I can go back to talkies, but silent watching bridges all language barriers. I do have written notes both in the information below the video and at the end of the video, but close observation should be enough for you to learn this method. Also, please feel free to comment on likes, suggestions, etc. 

BTW, the tatting videos have not been abandoned. They will continue after I get some of these done!
Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment